Due to a dramatic rise in Tarrant County's COVID numbers over the course of July, the church's Leadership Team (staff, board officers, and committee chairs) met on July 25 to review our current precautions and consider updates to our policies. Based on the conversation, the group felt confident that our current COVID precautions for in-person activities are appropriate for the present situation. However, the group also agreed that we should encourage people to carefully consider if participating in worship, classes, and meetings via our online options is a better choice - particularly for those who share a home or have regular close contact with individuals who are not vaccinated. Our Leadership Team determined it would be helpful to provide a consolidated list of our current policies and precautions, as well as our online opportunities for participation, in order to help people think through their options for participating in church life.
Current Policies and Precautions
- Masks are required for all participants age 2 and up in worship services, memorials, weddings, and other large indoor gatherings.
- Masks are required for smaller gatherings (classes, meetings) unless ALL participants are vaccinated and ALL participants agree that individuals in the class or meeting may choose to remove their masks.
- Our sanctuary and fellowship hall are currently limited to 50% capacity. Every other pew is marked to encourage distancing in the sanctuary, and events in the fellowship hall are limited to 60 or fewer participants.
- The air handlers in our sanctuary are fitted with REME HALO purification units that use UV-C light to kill 99% of airborne germs and viruses. When the sanctuary is in use, the HVAC system is set to run continuously to purify the air.
- Touchless hand sanitizer units are available in the foyer to clean your hands when entering and exiting the building.
- Our Worship & Wonder program for children primarily takes places outside to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Our youth and children's programs and activities primarily take place outside, and masks and distancing are required for any portions that must take place inside.
Current Online Options
- Our worship service begins broadcasting at 10:45 am every Sunday on our Facebook and YouTube pages, and can be accessed any time after the service on both platforms. (Be sure to click "Like" on either platform so we know you were worshipping from home!)
- Memorial services, weddings, and other events in the sanctuary are also broadcast live and accessible afterward on our Facebook and YouTube pages.
- All meetings, classes, and studies can be accessed via Zoom. Check the weekly Ridglea Reminders email or watch for an email or text from your committee chair or class leader to join the Zoom meeting.
However you choose to participate, we pray that you are able to draw closer to God and others in ways that deepen your spiritual life and provide opportunities to serve. Thank you for your continued flexibility as we discern the best way to safely be church together!