Ridglea Christian Church is a Disciples of Christ congregation.
What Disciples believe:
Like most Christians, Disciples affirm:
- Jesus is the son of the Living God, and offers saving grace to all
- All persons are children of God
Beliefs and practices usually associated with the Disciples denomination include:
- Open Communion – The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated in weekly worship. It is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Freedom of Belief – Disciples are called together around one essential faith: belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Persons are free to follow their consciences guided by the bible, the Holy Spirit, study, and prayer; and are expected to extend that freedom to others.
- Baptism by Immersion – In baptism, we symbolically die to our old ways, and rise from the waters to a new life built on trust in God. Although Disciples practice baptism by immersion, other baptism traditions are honored.
- Belief in the Oneness of the Church – All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.
- The Ministry of Believers – Both ministers and laypersons lead worship, service and spiritual growth.