Sunday, Nov 10 at 10am in the Sanctuary! Ken will be talking about creating a “coaching culture” – ways of creating a healthy & growing organization. This would be great for church leaders, committee chairs, committee members, parents, young adults, and YOU to attend! Ken is the founder of Synchronous Life – www.synchronouslife.com Everyone is […]
Organizations: Heifer International – Community Garden – Dseyno – Global Ministries – Beautiful Feet Global Outreach – Women of Hope – Threads of Hope – Youth Enterprises – One Safe Place – Disciples Crossing – Equal Exchange – iSanctuary – Great Grace Care WHY COME TO THE ALTERNATIVE GIVING FAIR? This is an opportunity to […]
THE JUBILEE GARDEN at Ridglea Christian Church and TARRANT AREA FOOD BANK COMMUNITY LEARNING GARDEN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22 6:00 p.m. RIDGLEA CHRISTIAN CHURCH 6720 WEST ELIZABETH LANE • 817-738-0612 Come GROW with us as we: Create a variety of gardens to EDUCATE, TEACH and INVOLVE our community. GROW FOOD for ourselves and one […]
Here’s the latest news from around the churchyard… enjoy!
This is an opportunity to give back to the larger community and honor your loved ones at the same time. Eliminate the stress of shopping & buy all of your gifts in one place! Buy gifts at the fair and improve a family’s life; find gifts of peace and justice, life sustaining gifts, education, food […]
Ever wondered how your change changes the world … Check out this quick clip on Disciples Mission Fund!
Ridglea Christian Church is a Disciples of Christ congregation.
What Disciples believe:
Like most Christians, Disciples affirm:
- Jesus is the son of the Living God, and offers saving grace to all
- All persons are children of God
Beliefs and practices usually associated with the Disciples denomination include:
- Open Communion – The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated in weekly worship. It is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Freedom of Belief – Disciples are called together around one essential faith: belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Persons are free to follow their consciences guided by the bible, the Holy Spirit, study, and prayer; and are expected to extend that freedom to others.
- Baptism by Immersion – In baptism, we symbolically die to our old ways, and rise from the waters to a new life built on trust in God. Although Disciples practice baptism by immersion, other baptism traditions are honored.
- Belief in the Oneness of the Church – All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.
- The Ministry of Believers – Both ministers and laypersons lead worship, service and spiritual growth.